When to Go
Cambodia has a monsoon climate that tends to arrive in May and last until October. From July to September it is not uncommon for it to rain every single day, although the likelihood of it raining all day long is rare. If you need some help choosing which season to travel in, check out our when to go page.
High Season: November to March
- Expect large crowds at Christmas and New Year.
- Prices rise at Christmas and New Year for accommodation and transport.
- The weather is usually cool and dry.
Shoulder Season: July and August
- This is the wet season across much of Cambodia.
- There may be widespread flooding across much of the country.
- This is also the time when the landscape is at its prettiest and you can expect emerald green paddy fields.
Low Season: April to June and September to October
- April and May are considered the hottest months in Cambodia.
- Expect September and October to be the rainy season.