When to Go
The weather in India changes all over the country so the best times to visit will depend on where you plan on traveling. Going in a different period than the high season can be great too, but knowing what to expect is always good. If you need some help deciding which season you want to travel in, check out our when to go page.
High Season: December to March
- Expect large crowds at Christmas and New Year.
- Prices rise at Christmas and New Year for accommodation and transport.
- The weather can be cool in places at a higher elevation.
Shoulder Season: July to November Shoulder Season
- Monsoon season begins from June to September
- Humidity is high from June onwards.
- The passes to Ladakh and the Himalayas open.
Low Season: March to June
- May and June are the hottest months and can be quite uncomfortable.