When to Go
There are two mains seasons in Laos, wet season and dry season. Wet season usually lasts from May to October and you can expect heavy downpours on a daily basis during this time, although it is rare for it to last all day. If you need any help with deciding which season to travel in, out our when to go page might help you.
High Season: November to March
- Expect large crowds at Christmas and New Year.
- Prices rise at Christmas and New Year for accommodation and transport.
- The weather is usually cool and dry.
Shoulder Season: July and August
- This is the wet season across much of Laos and humidity is high.
- Many tourists arrive from Europe for the summer season.
Low Season: April to June and September to October
- April and May are considered the hottest months in Laos.
- Expect temperatures of up to 40 degrees Celsius.
- September and October form part of the rainy season.