When to Go
Whenever you choose to go to Malaysia, you can be sure that it is going to be hot and sticky at anything but the highest of elevations, so unless you are planning on going trekking you won’t need any warm clothes. If you need some help choosing which season to travel in, you can check out our page on when to go.
High Season: December to February
- Expect large crowds at Christmas and New Year.
- Prices rise at Christmas and New Year for accommodation and transport.
- This is monsoon season on the east coast.
- Chinese New Year in February sees a lot of domestic travel.
Shoulder Season: July to November
- Expect moderate crowds.
Low Season: March to June
- This is the driest period in Malaysia.
- Expect fewer crowds and lower prices.