When to Go
People say that the best time to visit Myanmar is between November and February as this is when the weather is most stable and comes directly after the monsoon period. If you need some help deciding which season you want to travel in, check out our when to go page.
High Season: December to February
- Expect large crowds at Christmas and New Year.
- Prices rise at Christmas and New Year for accommodation and transport.
- The weather is usually cool and dry.
- Expect little rain if any.
Shoulder Season: October to November and March to April
- Expect a high level of domestic travel in April due to the festival of Thingyan.
- Temperatures can top 40 degrees Celsius.
Low Season: May to September
- This is the dry season.
- Expect flooding which may leave some areas of the country out of bounds.